Foro Pavón Venezuela
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Records Mundiales All-Tackle Length I.G.F.A. Pendientes de aprobación

Records Mundiales All-Tackle Length I.G.F.A. Pendientes de aprobación Empty Records Mundiales All-Tackle Length I.G.F.A. Pendientes de aprobación

Mensaje  Peacock Miér Jun 15, 2011 8:45 am

Records Mundiales All-Tackle Length I.G.F.A. Pendientes de aprobación Primer10
Records Mundiales All-Tackle Length I.G.F.A. Pendientes de aprobación Record11
All-Tackle Lenth I.G.F.A.

pendientes de aprobación
PEACOCK, BUTTERFLY
Records Mundiales All-Tackle Length I.G.F.A. Pendientes de aprobación Dibujo18
Records Mundiales All-Tackle Length I.G.F.A. Pendientes de aprobación Igfa10
Records Mundiales All-Tackle Length I.G.F.A. Pendientes de aprobación Length11
PEACOCK, SPECKLED
(Cichla temensis)
Humbolt, 1821; CICHLIDAE FAMILY; also known as pavón cinchado, pavón pintado, pavón trucha, tucunare, and pavón venado

The speckled peacock is a world-class warm-water sportfish native to South America’s Orinoco and Amazon River Basins. It has been introduced into other countries and is established in southeastern Florida as a result of a deliberate introduction made in 1985.

Adult speckled peacocks are distinguished by blotches on the opercula and three vertical black bars on the body which become more pronounced with age. Another color phase may have 4-6 horizontal rows of light colored dashes along the sides and speckling over the rest of the body and fins. The above description may be confusing, but it combines what was thought to be two different species until 1981. This is the only Cichla spp. which has broken longitudinal lines and spots on the head, opercula and in caudal/dorsal fins, resulting in a speckled appearance.

An excellent game fish, the speckled peacock can be caught on spin, bait-casting or fly tackle. Their pound-for-pound power is brutal, even when matched to heavy tackle. They will strike plugs, spoons, spinners, streamer flies and popping bugs. Their top water strikes are stunning in ferocity and they make spectacular jumps and strong runs. The larger they get, the more fiercely they fight. Considering they can grow to more than 30 pounds, be prepared for a battle when you hook into a speckled peacock!

An excellent food fish, the flesh of the speckled peacock is firm in texture and varies from white to a creamy white in

Records Pending for Peacock, speckled
Line ClassLengthWeightLocationCatch DateAngler
All-Tackle (Length)88 cmGuainia, , Colombia4/4/2011Rafael F. Llamozas

PEACOCK, BUTTERFLY
(Cichla ocellaris)
Bloch & Schneider, 1801; CICHLIDAE FAMILY; also known as pavón mariposa, pavón amarillo, marichapa or pavón tres estrellas, tucunare, lukanani

The butterfly peacock is native to tropical South America. It was introduced in Hawaii in 1957 and in Florida in 1984 and 1986. It has also been stocked in many other countries including Puerto Rico, Panama, Kenya, Guam and the Dominican Republic.

Of all the peacock basses, the butterfly peacock has the greatest variation in color. They are yellowish green, with three dark, yellow-fringed blotches along the lateral midsection, or bars that typically fade in fish larger than three or four pounds. A smaller “eyespot” spot, characteristic of all "pavónes,” appears at the beginning of the caudal fin. The iris of the eye is frequently deep reddish in color. They are also distinguished by the absence of black markings on the opercula. This species is believed to attain weights of 11 to 12 pounds.

The butterfly peacock’s powerful, laterally compressed body and aggressive temperament make it pound for pound one of the hardest fish to handle on light tackle, but because of the size, light spinning, bait casting, or fly fishing outfits are recommended. Small fishes such as shiners or threadfin shad are the best bait, but light spinning lures and surface lures that resemble small fish are also highly effective. The butterfly peacock has rapidly become the one of the most popular game fish in the areas where it has been introduced. It is more than just a fighter. It is not only beautifully colored but tasty as well

Records Pending for Peacock, butterfly
Line ClassLengthWeightLocationCatch DateAngler
All-Tackle (Length)33 cmMiami, Florida , USA1/21/2011Dennis Triana
All-Tackle (Length)43 cmMiami, Florida , USA2/2/2011Dennis Triana
All-Tackle (Length)44 cmMiami, Florida , USA2/8/2011Dennis Triana
All-Tackle (Length)47 cmSouth Dade County, Florida , USA3/16/2011Martin Arostegui
All-Tackle (Length)49 cmCanals, North Miami, Florida , USA4/2/2011Martin Arostegui
Peacock
Peacock
Staff
Staff

Masculino
Cantidad de envíos : 673

http://hermidastours.es.tl